A change in the real estate marketing era will take off on August 29th, 2016. The Federal Aviation Administration will implement a set of more relaxed regulations for how Realtors and other marketing experts use drones.
Drones give real estate professionals the opportunity to show their listings from a new and inexpensive perspective. The video footage brings an element of lighthearted entertainment into the home buying process and makes it easier for buyers to fall in love with the property. Marketing real estate from an aerial view captures not only the listing but also a lifestyle by showing distinct locations such as golf-courses, parks or shopping districts.
Since the new FAA rules may prompt a rise in drone sales for real estate professionals. Here are 6 tips for before you enter the drone zone.
- Have a strategy. Understanding the role your drone will play in your marketing and how to use them effectively will be important. Incorporating drones into your marketing just because may not be the best way to achieve success. To grow your business, make sure you are wowing your clients by shining the best possible light on your listings.
- Get your FAA certification. Today’s requirements include a lower point of entry (no need for a $10,000 pilot license), an FAA certificate is required to verify your aeronautic knowledge.
- Follow local regulations. Make sure you learn which state and government entities are crafting rules, and get on their email lists.
- Buy insurance. The FAA does not require insurance, but brokerages need the additional liability in case of accident.
- Be knowledgeable and prepared. You will be uploading and managing your client’s listing videos so they’re live on streaming sites, like YouTube, and removed once the home is sold.
- Consider the time and costs. Hiring a professional with a creative eye and years of experience may be a better option for capturing a stunning aerial view of your real estate listings. Drones are quickly becoming a trend, while this may not be your cup of tea, keeping up with the technological trends of your industry will put you at the forefront of the business and minds.
Drones are quickly becoming a trend, while this may not be your cup of tea, keeping up with the technological trends of your industry will put you at the forefront of the business and minds.